Bart Jordan 2017
When I am looking for motivation to extract my exhausted carcass from the warm, loving embrace of my sleeping bag on a 10 degree F morning it helps if I have something to look forward to. That motivation comes in the form of Saddle Mountain Breakfast Bars. When I am feeling especially lazy I also bring a bar or two for lunch. My boys love to help with this recipe because it involves Nitrile gloves and mixing with your hands.
- 4 1/2 cups Quick Oats/ Coaches Oats/ Muesli
- 1 1/2 cups Peanut /Almond Butter
- 1 can coconut cream or milk
- 6 scoops ( 150g ) whey protein powder (I prefer Chocolate)
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cherries
- 1/2 Cup un-sweetened Coconut flakes
- 1/3 Cup Chia Seeds
- Pair of Nitrile Gloves
- Mix the Coconut Milk and Protein Powder.
- Mix in the Peanut/Almond Butter.
- Put on your gloves and mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- When all ingredients are completely mixed scoop mixture into a plastic lined dish and let it sit in fridge covered, over night.
- Cut into bars (you'll have to play around with what size works best for you . I like 1" x 2" x 4"
- I put them into individual Snack bags to make access easy for my boys to have them for breatfast.